The best heart rate monitors for a triathlon race available in the market are essential to keep you feeling fit and maintaining good heart health.
Heart monitors nowadays are available with different features and in different sizes and shapes.
Hence, it is important to choose the best one that suits your needs and helps you work out effectively.
IN A HURRY? HERE’S OUR TOP PICKS…
Last update on 2021-04-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Best heart rate monitors review will help triathletes pick the best one for yourself today. Nowadays, advanced monitors come with multiple features like a watch, smartphone, and GPS apart from being an excellent workout gadget.
We have reviewed the top 5 heart rate monitors along with their features and specifications which will help you pick the best heart rate monitor for yourself and your family today.
1) Garmin Forerunner 235
Garmin Forerunner 235 is suitable for runners and especially marathoners. It is useful in monitoring your heart rate as well as tracking the distance and pace to let you know the distance you cover utilizing GPS technology.
- Helps track calories and access your emails, text messages on the go.
- It helps you access the weather condition through wireless medium.
- Easy to wear as it is lightweight at just 42 g.
- It is a round-shaped heart rate monitor that comes with a 1.23-inch colored screen
- It is easy to read.
- Uses elevate technology to sense your heart rate effectively.
- The heart rate monitor supports GLONASS and enhances GPS activities.
- Simple to use and efficient in monitoring heart rate.
- It has an overall plastic feel and the battery isn’t so efficient.
Pros & Cons
- Accurate GPS
- Easy to read even under bright light
- Customizable interface
- Rare syncing issue
- Body feels plastic
Garmin Forerunner 235 is truly a value-for-money heart rate monitor and suitable for both casual and serious workout freaks.
It is a great add-on for your workout session and helps you meet your fitness goals. The overall plastic feel doesn’t feel great, but is overshadowed by its awesome features.
2) Garmin HRM-Swim
If you are a swimmer and want to monitor your heart rate underwater, then Garmin HRM swim is the best option.
- Its adhesive and non-slip wrist strap remains tight in spite of movement.
- It monitors heart rate underwater and syncs data to your phone effortlessly.
- Has a no-slip design to help keep the device safe from slipping off.
- It can store heart rates up to 20 hours.
- It has a replaceable battery with a life of 18 months.
- The battery survives effectively in water and remains damage-free.
- It has a lightweight HRM strap which helps you swim underwater continuously for three hours.
- It weighs around 72g and has a bi-fold adjustment feature.
- Compact yet durable heart rate monitor.
Pros & Cons
- Robust and compact
- Better battery life
- Chemical resistant strap
- Easy to use
- Not water-resistant
- No live tracking options
Garmin HRM-Swim is undoubtedly one of the best and good-looking heart rate monitors. It comes with a non-slip strap to keep the device safe even if you keep doing extensive workouts.
The strap is stylish as well as comfortable and easy to adjust according to your requirements.
The only thing of concern is its inability to live track and monitor heart rate underwater. It is water-resistant but not water-proof.
3) Polar H10 Heart Rate Monitor
If you are looking for a heart rate monitor that is accurate and reliable at the same time then Polar H10 could be the best choice. it is compatible with Android and iOS and goes well with many of the smart devices.
- It has a modified design along with silicon friction dots to keep the strap firm.
- Comfortable to wear.
- Has an ECG-style sensor to provide a BPM reading by revealing electrical activities.
- It is waterproof and is perfect for underwater.
- Has inbuilt memory to save the data of your workout session.
- Connect any smartphone app for better performance.
- Has a waterproof HR sensor suitable for ECG measurement.
- Capable of using two bluetooths at a time.
Pros & Cons
- Accurate ECG measurement
- Completely waterproof
- Two Bluetooth connections at the same time
Polar H10 Heart Rate Monitor is best for all the dedicated runners and sportspersons. It is equipped with all the smart features and made of robust material.
It is also one of the most precise heart rate sensors and offers better quality ECG measurements.
4) Wahoo TICKR X Heart Rate Monitor
Wahoo Tickr X is suitable for monitoring heart rate, the total burned calories during a training session and analyzing your whole running activities.
- Built-in memory for storing heart rate and calorie burn data.
- Connect it with phone or GPS.
- Integrated with bluetooth and ANT+ dual-band technology.
- Works up to 16 hours.
- Record cycling cadence apart from tracking heart rate.
- Pair and monitor with its own Wahoo Fitness app or third-party apps like Peloton and Zswift.
- Wahoo Tickr X is suitable for cadence measurement and vertical oscillation and smoothness index estimation.
- It is a waterproof heart rate monitor and comes with an IPX7 rating.
- Very lightweight at only 8.5 g.
Pros & Cons
- Sweatproof and waterproof
- Washable strap
- Precise tracking
- Durability is a concern
The Wahoo TICKR X is the ultimate heart rate monitor that captures motion as well as intensity for measuring accurate results.
You can work out efficiently and track down the real-time heart rate and burned calories right on your smartphone using various compatibility apps.
You can opt for this lightweight heart rate monitor but have to think about the durability as well.
5) Polar H7 Bluetooth Waterproof Heart Rate Monitor
Polar H7 Bluetooth Waterproof Heart Monitor is stylish yet highly efficient. If you are serious about fitness and running then this heart rate monitor is the ultimate choice for you.
- Has a chest-strap and compact design and quite lightweight.
- Loops mechanism helps you keep the monitor secure and safe.
- This heart rate monitor is extremely comfortable to wear.
- Polar H7 comes with a replaceable coin battery and lasts about a month.
- Has a bluetooth smart feature which helps you connect your iPhone and Android phone efficiently.
- Has the best ECG heart rate sensors and measures several activities of your heart.
- Gives accurate heart rate readings.
Pros & Cons
- Accurate measurement
- Compatible with all the smartphones
- No underwater live tracking
- Battery life is not so good
By far the Polar H7 heart rate monitor is the most reliable choice for monitoring your heart rate.
It features an ECG heart rate sensor to provide you with accurate and continuous data. It is also one of the best waterproof monitors that help in swimming and enhance the quality of your workout.
But remember you cannot track your heart rate underwater and the battery goes down rapidly due to poor battery life.
Our Final Verdict On The Best Heart Rate Monitors
Hope you were able to select the best heart rate monitors after reading this detailed review.
Garmin Forerunner 235 is a good choice for triathletes because of its elegance and latest features. Polar H10 gives tough competition with its unique design and features for both Android and iOS platforms and precise results.
If you are looking for a heart rate monitor exclusively for underwater then go for Garmin HRM-Swim. So clearly the choice is yours to make from the above heart rate monitors.