Which one to pick: Forerunner 935 VS Fenix 5?
Garmin’s GPS tracking multisport running watches check your daily heart rate, pulse rate, steps taken, stairs, pace, speed, distance, sleep patterns, etc. Confused which one to pick between Forerunner 935 VS Fenix 5? Read Further!!!
Garmin Forerunner 935 and Fenix 5 are more similar than different and yet the differences are significant.
Check out the brief overview of the two products, then the differences, and in the end, reviews on both of them.
Garmin Fenix 5
- Premium Multisport GPS watch with Elevate wrist heart rate technology. Physical size 1.8 x 1.8 x 0.6 inches. Cockpit watch band compatible included (22 mm)
- Fit for adventure with a rugged design that features stainless steel bezel, buttons and rear case. Display type: sunlight visible, transflective memory in pixel (MIP)
- Put key stats at your fingertips with the performance widget that shows the effects and progress of your workouts. Case material : Fiber reinforced polymer with stainless steel rear cover
- Connected features include smart notifications, automatic uploads to Garmin Connect online fitness community and personalization through free watch faces and apps from our Connect IQ store. Display...
- Outdoor sensors, including GPS and GLONASS satellite reception and 3 axis compass with gyroscope and barometric altimeter. Battery life- Smartwatch mode-Up to 2 weeks. GPS/HR mode-Up to 24 hours....
Last update on 2023-03-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Fenix 5 is a smartwatch from Garmin. It is full-featured GPS watch with a great battery life for daily use, training sessions, and accurate navigation.
It comes in different sizes with lettered qualifiers. It has a variety of features including GPS distance and pace, time keeping, barometric altimeter, advanced navigation, step count, sleep tracking, thermometer, and an in-built optical heart-rate sensor.
It has a sleek, striking design and provides robust performance. Fenix 5 allows you to connect with the PC based Garmin Training Center and online based Garmin Connect, and plug or play.
You can sync your watch with your smartphone. The process is very easy and the data format is visible on the web browser.
- Premium GPS running/triathlon watch with wrist based heart rate; Strap material: Silicone; Smartphone compatibility: iPhone, Android, Windows.Control Method:Application.Special Feature:Smarter...
- Offers advanced running and multisport Features in a comfortable watch you can wear all day, and it only weighs 49 grams
- Provides elevation changes with a built in barometer; altimeter and electronic compass help you keep your bearings
- Evaluates your training status to indicate if you’re undertraining or overdoing it and offers additional performance monitoring Features
- Provides advanced dynamics for running, cycling and swimming, including ground contact time balance, stride length and more. Bezel Material: Fiber reinforced polymer
Last update on 2023-03-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Forerunner 935 is an excellent, multisport smartwatch primarily designed for triathletes. It also has a great battery life which runs for 21 hours in UltraTrac mode.
This watch helps you determine whether you have under you are undertraining or overdoing your targets.
You can clock all your activities in this device like swimming, running, and cycling. It is a performance driven watch which provides many interesting features like pace count, maximal oxygen uptake(VO2) for aerobic endurance, training effect, interval training, calories, foot strike rate, step counting, strokes per length and time for the length, workout alerts, and sleep monitoring.
The battery life is also impressive which is ideal for ultra runners and can stay for longer duration.
There are 3 battery modes-GPS mode, Watch mode, UltraTrac mode. In the battery saver mode (UltraTrac mode), you get 50 hours of more battery usage.
Differences (Forerunner 935 VS Fenix 5?)
After giving an overview of the two products, now it is time to dwell deeper on the key differences that we find between the two.
Forerunner 935 and Fenix 5 have same features to a great extent. However, there still are some major differences. Check them out below.
Activity Tracking feature
Activity tracking features include step counter, sleep monitor, calories burned, distance traveled, and floors climbed. All these features are available in both the watches. However, Fenix 5 has automatic goals update which is absent in Forerunner 935.
There are only slight differences in the battery life as well. Forerunner 935 is a better pick when it comes to longer battery life.
It lasts up to 14 hours in GPS mode with HRM, 21 hours in UltraTrac mode with HRM and 11 days in smartwatch mode. Fenix 5 runs slow in battery stand up. It lasts for 1-2 hours during training sessions.
If you are using extensive GPS mode, then the battery dies out faster. But it can still continue up to 20 hours which is not bad.
Forerunner 935 is a win win here and it is also easy to charge as against Fenix 5 version.
Interval training setting
Interval training session is a type of fitness workout where you do not push your body to exercise beyond a certain limit.
It is a type of session which you cannot do everyday. Your body needs time to recover from a hard hit training session, so this feature alternates between a hard workout session and a slower one to balance and train in a smarter way.
This feature is only available in Garmin Forerunner 935 and not in Fenix 5.
Another of the two features which differ in the two models is cadence.
Cadence is a total of number of steps taken per minute. It is also known as foot strike rate. Fenix 5 has cadence facility.
It allows the watch to monitor the steps from your wrist, or use sensors in the heart-rate chest strap to send precise information to the watch.
This feature cannot be found in Forerunner 935.
Multimedia speaker is absent in Forerunner 935. If you want to use the multimedia option, then you should definitely go for Fenix 5.
Camera Shutter Control
There is a camera shutter control feature in Fenix 5 model. It allows you to snap pictures, make videos, and use other camera settings. Unfortunately, Forerunner 935 does not have this facility.
Tip – Also Look at Vivoactive 3 Vs Forerunner 235 & Different Triathlon Gears
Review (Forerunner 935 VS Fenix 5?)
Now that you have read about the differences, I will give you my review of the two smartwatches and which is the better one.
It is a great running watch with numerous features to track progress while running, cycling, and swimming. It can also track biking, swimming, strength training, cross country skiing, etc.
It is not a wilderness tracker like Fenix 5, so if you often go on adventures and want a comfortable, efficient companion then Forerunner 935 is not the best choice for you.
Fenix 5 is a better choice for those who love outdoor activities and prefer tracking their performance based on that. The battery life is more or less the same and Fenix 5 provides a more durable and robust design.
It has a transflective technology which helps you read the screen even in direct sunlight.
The navigation systems can track 100 meters deep, It also has a bright, high resolution display which makes night workouts possible and comparatively easier.